Monday, June 18, 2012

Easy Nature Silhouette Wall Art

I bought a pack of 3 canvas panels at Walmart, once again on a craft impulse. Wasn't sure what to do with them until I saw this pin on pinterest: So lovely!

The source of the pin was to another pinterest-like site called "Pin-Me" and I it was in another language I did not recognize. But the pictures of the pin were pretty straight forward.

Materials needed:
  • A flat medium surface like canvas, foam board, or wood
  • Gold Spray paint
  • Colored spray paint of your choice, or you can use acrylic paint like I did to paint the base color
  • Adhesive spray (the spray can in the picture said "KLEJ". Google said it means glue in polish. So glue in a spray can, I figured it must mean adhesive spay.)
  • Random branches, flowers, or leaves from outside (I went on a long walk with my dog, specifically for this project - don't tell my dog)
Let's Craft!
1) Paint the base color you want to show in the "negative image" of the leaves/flowers. Let dry
2) Spray some adhesive and stick the leaves/flowers to the medium surface. Let dry according to directions.

The flowers on the right did not turn out so well, I suggest it you want to use flowers as your "stencil" make sure they are pressed first so that you pick up the silhouette. I just found a different plant with large leaves instead, painted the canvas green, and tried again.
3) Spray coat of gold paint over leaves/flowers and base coat.
4) Peel off your leaves/flowers. Let gold paint dry



5) Hang your art and admire!

No comments:

Post a Comment