Friday, November 1, 2013

Wedding Cake Project - Part 2

I've got cake on the brain. I am beginning to have anxiety - why do you ask?

Oh - well, I stumbled across a website with a gallery titled "Cake Disasters". Where a baker's worst nightmare happens. The dog licked the cake before it was delivered, the cake fell apart in the car, the bride hated it. You name it, it happened.


Ohmylanta. 

Train wrecks I keep looking at. Meghan keeps telling me to stop but I can't. I can't. I am self sabotaging - and I know it.

In class the other night I was seeing cakes everywhere. We were going over database diagrams and they looks liked tiered cakes. We were doing a case study on Cisco Systems and I kept thinking about Crisco.

The time is getting close. The wedding is next week - I have been test baking, gumpasting, buttercreaming, ganaching, candy molding, you name it.

This past few weeks I have accomplished:

1. Provided wedding cake and grooms cake samples - couple gave the thumbs up!

Gluten free marble cake filled with Bavarian cream, chocolate ganache and vanilla buttercream (Later decided to go with Swiss meringue), candy seashells and edible pearls. Please ignore the piping and air bubbles in the buttercream :) 

Chocolate cupcakes filled with chocolate ganache, chocolate Swiss meringue buttercream. 



2. Made cupcake wrappers:



3. Customized cake stands and cupcake stands:

Removed the black ribbons, and applied twine instead for a rustic, beachy look.

Before

After: Burlap and twin ribbon.



3. Made 33 cups of buttercream - 2 more batches to go:



4.  Molded, dried, and hand painted all gumpaste and candy seashells:

Gumpaste seashells painted with tan colored dust and then dry brushed with pearl shimmer dust.


Next week I have cake baking, frosting, and decorating going on! Stay tuned for those pics and the final results!





No comments:

Post a Comment