Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Chocolate Raspberry Champagne Cupcakes

Happy New Year!

What a busy 2013 it has been! Besides blogging - My biggest accomplishments this year has been my promotion at work, building up and coaching a first year girls lacrosse program, traveled to California (twice!) for the first time, tasted beer I actually really liked! (Thirsty Bear - Panda Bear brew), made my first wedding cake, and met new people that have enriched and brought very special meaning in my life.

There were lots of challenges and growth involved this year - but overall - I feel so blessed. I hope in the New Year, I can continue to improve myself, and provide a positive impact to my life, those close around me, and to the community.

For today's festive occasion, I made dark chocolate cupcakes filled with raspberry preserves, and frosted with a whipped white chocolate champagne ganache - can't forget the bubbly!

Click here for the chocolate cupcake recipe; then fill with homemade or ready made raspberry preserves.




To make the Whipped White Chocolate Champagne ganache:

10 oz.  High quality white chocolate (Not candy melts)
90 g Heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup champagne


  1. Place white chocolate in a bowl
  2. Heat up whipping cream and champagne in a saucepan on medium heat until it begins to simmer
  3. Pour hot cream over chocolate and stir until smooth
  4. Allow to cool in the fridge for 3 hours - the consistency should be a little thick and run off the spoon.
  5. Whip on high until ganache is pale in color and fluffy
  6. Pipe onto cupcakes!





To add some shimmer and glam to the cupcakes - I used gold food coloring spray and gold sprinkles, and also garnished with some fresh and chocolate dipped raspberries.






Have a wonderful, blessed new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment