Friday, May 18, 2012

A little green here, a little green there...

I admit, I love the color green. I seem to have found myself always incorporating this color into decor, wardrobe, and my cooking (I'm always throwing spinach in something). Green is at the top of the list of favorite colors. Yep - even made it on my blog layout.

Maybe, I like the way how it easily blends in with neutrals. Whatever it may be, it has made its way into my home decor color scheme. Keeping true to my promise not to paint the walls, pops of green in my neutral colored home are to be found, here is my progress so far...

Dining Room BEFORE:

Hey look! It's my boring dining room light - guess I had a "before" picture after all!
 

PROGRESS:
 
Added curtains, gives the room a nice elegant look, as well as a privacy  for guests bunking in the living room. Getting a larger couch soon to accomodate more seating!


Glass vases: $5 (Hobby Lobby 50% off store sale )
Basket : $4 (Hobby Lobby 40% off coupon)
Silk Hydrangeas: Dollar Store! (I used 6 stems/3 EA vase)
Moss: Dollar Store (2 bags)
Faux Pears: $3 (Burlington Coat Factory clearance)
Place mats $1 (Burlington Coat Factory clearance) 





Much more progress to come - but I only have a certain budget each month. I'd say it is coming together nicely though. Come back to see the living room and bedrooms!


What colors inspire you?

No comments:

Post a Comment