Wednesday, May 23, 2012

This product = more options for people who rent

OK, So I came across something AWESOME:

I know what you're thinking, "Big deal, random pic of a granite counter...."
Go to EzFauxDecor for product detals


Believe it or not, this is a faux granite film, waterproof, scratch, and heat resistant. You stick it on, and peel it off when you don't want it anymore! This is a renter's dream! ... well mine at least. So many possibilities, they have faux stainless steel too for your appliances. You can check it out/buy it here.

When I rented my house, I was not lucky enough to get one of the units that had the remodeled kitchens (aka new, matching colored appliances, and granite counter tops). Instead, I have the old, wood counter tops that someone had previously decided to use as a cutting board. You can't tell right off, but the counters have slices and scratches all over it. Painful to see, since the kitchen is one of my favorite places in a house, and where I spend a lot of my time. So my wheels started turning on what I could do to cover this up.

I saw some great stuff that people have done with contact paper through Apartment Therapy, but contact paper on n a busy kitchen counter may not last very long... but I googled "faux granite contact paper" anyway....

I just have to have it. You can order samples for $10.00. So I DID. The prices seemed reasonable to me so, its worth a try. With affordable products like this for home-makeovers, projects, and decor, my rental challenge has been easy peasy.

Come back later to see if follow through with this product on my entire kitchen (AKA one counter top).


No comments:

Post a Comment